Prayas (Energy Group) organised a two-day training workshop at YASHADA in Pune on 11 and 12 February, 2019. The objective of the workshop was to provide a comprehensive overview of the Indian electricity sector and to introduce the upcoming challenges in its operation and planning. The workshop was attended by more than 40 participants working in the electricity sector- generation and distribution companies, regulatory commissions, trade unions, NGOs, policy think tanks, and consumer activists - representing around 8 states in India.
The workshop was aimed at helping the participants and researchers to improve the quality of their regulatory and policy engagement. Sessions were based on the recent work of Prayas, including the following:
- Third revised edition of the ‘Citizens’ Primer on the Electricity Sector’
- Electricity Distribution Companies in India: Preparing for an uncertain future
- Understanding the Electricity, Water and Agriculture Linkages
- Bricks without Clay: Crucial data formats required for effective tariff processes
- Many Sparks but Little Light: The Rhetoric and Practice of Electricity Sector Reforms in India
- ‘RATE’, a spreadsheet based tool to analyse DISCOM performance
- simplE-Check: Simple Calculators for Electricity Sector Analysis
- Power sector modelling work
More details about the event, like agenda, participant list and presentations can be downloaded from below.